2018 LYRA Flare List
- This list uses the "G14" and "G15" X-ray entries from the
"Edited Events" lists
of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.
- The purpose of the list is to get an overview of the flares that LYRA observes
and relate them to class, begin, max, etc. according to GOES.
- In the daily images (follow links below), the flares are marked at the top of the
LYRA Zr-channel curve, with event number and class corresponding to their temporal "begin".
- Images of intervals around each flare (1h before, 2h after) are linked to a list
below this curve (follow event links), given that LYRA was observing during this interval.
- In the flare images, event number and class are again marked at the top,
corresponding to their "begin", while the GOES maximum is marked with a short vertical
line. These images contain all four LYRA channels, plus one GOES channel.
- From November to January, PROBA2 experiences "eclipse season".
For several minutes during each orbit, the solar disk is occulted by
the Earth, and the observed irradiances decrease to dark-current levels -
thus LYRA flares may be (partially) hidden.
- Additional information can be found at the
LYRA daily quicklook page
or on the
LYRA 3day quicklook page.
to read and display LYRA FITS files
List of GOES flares since LYRA First Light 06 Jan 2010
List of daily flare statistics
Mon 01 Tue 02 Wed 03 Thu 04 Fri 05 Sat 06 Sun 07
Mon 08 Tue 09 Wed 10 Thu 11 Fri 12 Sat 13 Sun 14
Mon 15 Tue 16 Wed 17 Thu 18 Fri 19 Sat 20 Sun 21
Mon 22 Tue 23 Wed 24 Thu 25 Fri 26 Sat 27 Sun 28
Mon 29 Tue 30 Wed 31
IED, 04 Jan 2018